What Is Biological Dentistry
Holistic Dentists are also known as Biological, Natural or Comprehensive Dentists. These dentist look at the effects of dental materials, procedures, and techniques on the body. A true holistic dentist never uses toxic materials such as, BPA fillings, Fluoride, or Mercury because they know the negative affects these have on someone’s health.
Here at Pure Holistic Dental, we get to the root cause by looking at the whole body instead of just treating the teeth. We believe the health of your mouth affects the body. Dr. George has gone through extensive training for dental toxicology and specific ways of healing. Find out more about our holistic dental services in Houston by calling us today at (281) 957-1550.
Signs and symptoms that are seen in the mouth and have potential risks:
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Toxic exposures
- Speech Impediments
- Headache symptoms
Biocompatible fillings- For a material to be considered “biocompatible” it must be able to exist in the body without causing any harm. We use white fillings, called composites. These composites are made of quartz and glass, and when mixed with resin are used to fill in the cavity.
Composites are not only safer than the traditional “silver” fillings but are also more durable because they form a stronger bond with the tooth. The materials used in composites can also help prevent future damage to the tooth. With the composites, a smaller cavity can be filled without having to cover a large portion of the tooth.
Biological Tooth Extractions– Our goal at Pure Holistic is to always try to save our patient’s tooth. However, there are situations when that is not possible, which include: no structure left above the gum, tooth is cracked/fractured or tooth has serve infection. Once we have determined the tooth must come out, we use a procedure to extract it as safely as possible.
Dr. George is proud to offer a biological tooth removal protocol that was developed from studying the works of Dr. Huggins, as well as attending biological dental networking events and training.
The extraction process follows these rules:
- Oral Vitamin C Supplementation 1-2 weeks before and after the procedure
- Minimize trauma to the bone around the tooth by using instruments that are thinner and lighter than typical dental tools
- Remove all bacteria and infected tissue from the site by using iodine, ozone and cleaning tools.
- Use buffered anesthetics with acupuncture spot massage to stop burning feeling of the shot.
- Clean PDL ligaments and infected bone to promote a healthy EAV reading
- Use numbing agent that has the least amount of epinephrine to promote healthy blood flow
- Use most biological bone graft material to prevent inflammation and rejection. The PRF is made from the patient’s blood factors and Tricalcium Phosphate
- Use ozone gas to get a jumpstart on the healing process and kill bacteria
- Provide a clean environment for mouth to heal with good hygiene, clean products, proper nutrition, and homeopathics
By following this procedure list, we have found the healing process happens quicker with the least amount of pain.
Are we a good fit for you?
- You want to save time and money over your lifetime to get optimal health
- Your goal is to be the healthiest version of yourself to feel the best
- You want the least amount of dental work possible