Relaxator Breathing Re-Trainer
Many of us do not think about how we breathe… We just do it subconsciously. It is hard to stay conscious about something that comes so naturally; however, it is important to start conscious breathing right now as you read this short little blog. Here at Pure Holistic Dental, we understand how hard it is to get enough air when the anatomy of your mouth and airway pre-dispose you to getting less air with every breath you take. Thankfully, in addition to getting an airway analysis done with our IAMOT and SMART certified team of dentists we offer a device to our patients called the “Relaxator”.
What Is a Relaxator? What is a Breathing Re-Trainor?
The Relaxator is a breathing re-trainer that helps you gradually begin to take deeper breaths. It’s very easy to use— place the Relaxator in your mouth and when you exhale it provides an adjustable level of resistance, which, when used regularly, helps you achieve optimal breathing with a resulting increase in your oxygen uptake.
What are the health benefits of a Relaxator?
The health benefits from using the relaxator include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal or diaphragm breathing: by stimulating the diaphragm to work properly this ensures inhaled air reaches further down in your abdomen. The diaphragm is our most important breathing muscle, and a good diaphragmatic breathing makes the process of breathing efficient.
- Rhythmic or heartbeat breathing: The rhythm of your heart follows your respiratory rhythm, so if your respiratory rate is regular, it has a positive effect on your heart. The Relaxator helps support a breathing pattern that’s rhythmic and relaxed.
- Reduction of Stress and Anxiety: When you breathe using the Relaxator, you extend the time spent breathing out, which helps your body to relax. Breathing in is an active process that can allow your heart rate to increase, while breathing out is a passive process, which is linked to relaxation and a lowering of your heart rate. Increased relaxation means experiencing less stress and more peace. When your body is more relaxed, you function better and achieve more with less effort.
- Improved oxygenation: to your brain, heart, muscles and eyes. The improvement in blood oxygenation can be seen in many aspects of life. You may see immediate benefits of feeling more energetic, to longer endurance during physical activity. Some users have even reported faster recovery and wound healing.
Who would receive help from using a breathing re-trainer?
Our office has seen benefits of patients of all ages using the Relaxator or other breathing re-trainers. Improvement comes with use of the device and consistent practice.
Improve your Airway Today!
At Pure Holistic Dental, we offer a wide range of biologically-based dental treatments. We can perform analysis to understand if there are restrictions in your airway and help patients improve in certain cases. Practicing holistic oral hygiene and promoting optimal health is at the heart of our practice. Call us at (281) 957-1672 to book an appointment and browse our website to learn more.
Are we a good fit for you?
- You want to save time and money over your lifetime to get optimal health
- Your goal is to be the healthiest version of yourself to feel the best
- You want the least amount of dental work possible